Thursday, August 7, 2008

All I Have Left is What I Gave Away

Once You Give It Away…
"All I Have Left is What I Gave Away"


The author wishes to remain anonymous Edited by Shmuel Greenbaum. Printed with Permission of http://www.PartnersInKindness.org

This is a lesson from one of my nursing home residents:

Mrs. C. was an artist and a cigarette smoker. She came to live at the nursing home after a match that she thought was out resulted in a fire that burned down her apartment. She lost everything that was in her home.

After she settled in to the nursing home she spoke of her loss. "All I have left," she said, "is what I gave away."

She was philosophical about it, for as a young child her father taught her a saying she used and shared with us: "What is, is and what isn't, isn't." That helped her move on in life.

As her friends heard of what happened, they brought pieces of her artwork that she had give them before the fire back to her, to decorate her new room. It became her new home until she passed away a few years later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have thy own way Lord
While I breathe I hope.
Art is long Life is short.
Eat to live,but do not live to eat.
A life without a friend is a life without a sun.
A useless life is an early death.
A living dog is better than a dead lion.
One has to retreat to jump better.
No one is wise at all times.
Love can turn the cottage into a golden palace.
God's Promiss
I prayed from God's promiss for you
I lost everything " is what I gave away."
* anxiously working for food to eat
* for God gives rest to his loed ones
I cared You from one of my nursing I gave away.

Faithfulness Best regards,

MissVictoria sareeboot