Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Leonard Abess

I excerpt this from President Obama's speech which this evening to the joint houses of Congress.

I think about Leonard Abess, the bank president from Miami who reportedly cashed out of his company, took a $60 million bonus, and gave it out to all 399 people who worked for him, plus another 72 who used to work for him. He didn’t tell anyone, but when the local newspaper found out, he simply said, ”I knew some of these people since I was 7 years old. I didn’t feel right getting the money myself.”

Leonard Abess has left more than heart prints. We have a very serious shortage of such people around. It seems that the shortage is even greater in the biggest enterprises.

Life is such that there is no way to find such people until they show themselves, but we hope to encourage and nuture more of such types. By blogging this, I am voting for it in a very small way. Many drops will make an ocean. So here is my drop. The good teachers, the film makers similar websites and story tellers are adding theirs.

No comments: